Thursday, September 11, 2008

Darius Whiteplume

...has good taste in things geeky, as far as I can tell so far. It looks like they hail from North Carolina? Check out his blog, it's tasty. I visited another blog that he reads/frequents/lurks at - something called DM magazine or something (damn memory. need more coffee). it's nice, but possibly too risque for work here. shoot though, frank frazzletta sure can draw/paint some beautiful buxom wenches. but what else do we know about Whiteplume? very little. The rest is conjecture. Here's what I am guessing:

Darius Whiteplume, 78 year old, long-nosed individual. roughly 6'2". Originally from Boston. Father an investment banker and mother a Drow, they met at his high school prom and briefly courted although it did not last long. His mother's family did not approve of her little half-breed (they might have approved more if he had worked as a lawyer instead but...), and were to sacrifice the poor babe - little DarDar they called him - to Lolth, although at the last minute he was saved by a disgruntled Drider named Steven, who brought him back state-side to reside with his father. Dar-ling (as his evil playmates at St. Mary's called him) did not ever quite feel like he fit in, hated his little shoes and socks that were part of his school uniform (not to mention his wedgie-giving trousers), and instead of attending school at Yale, stole his father's money and invested it in a realm on the western coast in Faerun. Unfortunately, the result was similar to Goodkind's 'Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold' and the 'magic kingdom' was quite run-down. He did however serve as an apprentice for 14 years to a certain (ahem) "well known" wizard, and while stateside collecting ingredients for spells and potions, realized that he fit a niche for a much needed go-between, communicating between his two worlds. He now owns a small store, which serves as bookshop/cafe during the day, and a magic emporium/dark ritual site by night. He also dabbles in horticulture, clockmaking, and duck calling. He is quite addicted to the internet, finds it fascinating that someone would 'pretend' to be for his world instead of simply going to visit, and can drink anyone under the table.

...am i close?

6 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

Get out of my head!!!!!

Well, the NC part was right.

I'm just a 38 year-old nerd living in North Carolina. I am old enough to still want to keep my real name off the internet. No need for potential employers to Google me and find my glowing review of Barely Legal Left-handed Inuit Babes, #27 on Amazon.

Darius Whiteplume was the name of a wizard I had in the old Eye of the Beholder PC game, and later was my Forgotten Realms (you hit that too) wizard, who became a Harper (so maybe another hit). The name Whiteplume is a nickname given by his alchemy classmates (poof! "Darn potion!").

I'll stop there and hang around as long as I'm welcome. And it's Dave, BTW ;-)

christopher dukehart said...

hahaha.... nice nice. well gary's real name is jonathan and he's pretty good at readying minds as you can see.

so dave shall we add you to the authors list so you can post things too?

Darius Whiteplume said...

Sure thing. I am seeing enough Obama traffic to think I am in good company.

Drizzt said...

yes, i'm excellent at 'readying' minds - so that lukey / lucifer can enter them and bend them to his will.

christopher dukehart said...

dave... i think i need your blogger email to add you to the authors list. unless you know another way

Darius Whiteplume said...

My gmail is:

dariuswhiteplume@gmail.com

I don't think I have an @blogger.com

Looks like, from the help page that an @gmail will work. I'll keep an eye out.